Monday, March 14, 2011

Offend in Every Way

What the fuck is wrong with this country when our news anchors keep talking about how this disaster in Japan could be good for our economy. Its as if the Japanese people are not alive to them or something and I wonder if this is indicative of how many people feel about those outside the US. We seem to be obsessed with war. My parents were in Germany a few years ago and the couple they stayed with bluntly said that our problem is that we've never had war on our own soil. At least not in a way that has scarred us to the reality of what war really is.... a bunch of power hungry fuckers using the rest of us to pursuit their own goals at whatever cost. Its attitudes like that, that I seek to change. This weekend I feel like my life was changed several times and I now know I cannot just sit here when there is so much going on in the world that I as an artist have a duty to reveal. So it begins....

No comments:

Post a Comment